August 11, 2015
- Final bids for paving upper Cove Run will be taken on August 20th. Paving estimated to begin in September 2015. Call me with any questions or concerns. Thank you. Darrin
November 10, 2014
– The new Rich Hill Road is now open. This was a long time coming and we are pleased with the end result. Congratulations to all!! Darrin.
Got a complaint regarding a state road?? File a complaint here:
Pennsylvania Department of Transportation District 11 Customer Care Center
August 22, 2014 - Rural Ridge
- We have a 3 foot alligator on the loose! Yes, that's right, I said alligator. Two sightings so far. Stay tuned. Darrin
COVE RUN ROAD TO CLOSE ON WEDNESDAY, JULY 30TH
On Wednesday, July 30th, 2014, Cove Run Road is going to be closed from Mill Dam Road to McClellan Road for a road re-construction project. This closure is expected to last approximately eighteen (18) weeks.
March 21, 2014
- Rich Hill Road contract awarded - HARMAR Supervisors awarded a $524,000 contract to A. Folino Construction for work on Rich Hill Road related to the Pitt Ohio development. The project includes relocating about 1,300 feet of Rich Hill Road to meet Locust Hill Road, where a new traffic signal will be placed on Route 910. About 2,600 feet of Rich Hill Road will be paved, according to Seiler. The work is expected to be complete by July
. A. Folino was one of six bidders. Most of the cost, $500,000, will be covered by a grant, with Pitt Ohio paying the rest, Seiler said. Pitt Ohio, a trucking company, is building a facility for its operations on 30 acres along Route 910. The development includes a two-story, 19,500-square-foot administrative building; a 43,900-square-foot, 100-door terminal; and a 25,800-square-foot maintenance building.
February 24, 2014
- Pa. Supreme Court will not reconsider Act 13 . In the majority opinion, written by Chief Justice Ronald Castille, the court determined both those provisions violated the Environmental Rights Amendment of the state constitution, which guarantees Pennsylvanians the right to “clean air, pure water, and to the preservation of the natural, scenic, historic and esthetic values of the environment. ” The decision was hailed as a major victory by environmental groups and local governments who argued Act 13 went too far in restricting local authority.
February 7, 2014 - NOTICE - WINTER ROAD MAINTENANCE
The Township of Indiana is continuing to experience supply issues relative to the receipt of rock salt to treat the roads. Our supplies continue to dwindle therefore we have placed the Public Works Department in a salt conservation mode so that we can extend the supply until the supply chain can catch up. The Township does not anticipate the supply chain catching up this winter. The Township cautions residents to be particularly careful when traveling Township streets. The Township will attempt to salt hills, intersections and curves and will be reducing the salting of flat areas in the Township.
Indiana Township employees take pride in keeping our streets as clear from snow and ice as possible. We appreciate your understanding of this situation which is out of our control. Thank you.
DEP MEETING AT THE TOWN HALL
- I just received an email from Diane McDaniels from DEP, that they will have a public meeting in our Community Center on March 6th at 6:00pm and anticipating it will be done by 8:00pm. It will be an open house type of setting where residents can walk up to DEP representatives and ask individual questions. The meeting will take place at The Indiana Township Town Hall - Community Center, 3710 Saxonburg Boulevard Pgh, PA 15238. Questions – call Darrin Krally or Jeff Curti.
February 3, 2014
- I have decided to forego a run at the State House/State Senate in 2014. I am content to serve in my current capacity. Thanks. Darrin
January 3, 2014 – Krally’s Mayoral appointment comes to a close. As always, it is both an honor and privilege serving our community. I look forward to the new challenges of 2014.
December 10, 2013
- Thank you George Dull – My friend and soon to be, former Indiana Township Mayor/Supervisor, will complete his tenured reign on our Board this evening. George is a great man who advanced many Township initiatives while serving on the BOS. Congrats and many happy returns George!!! Darrin
November 26, 2013
– Indiana Township Police were sighted with guns drawn on Rich Hill Road on Sunday November 23, 2013 around 11:15 am. An apparent suicidal man that lives along the road, had with a gun and was threatening to harm himself. Police were called to the scene. The police were successful in taking custody of the individual and escorted him to a mental evaluation.
November 22, 2013
– Cove Run is now CLOSED for the winter!!!!
November 20, 2013 – UPDATE
– After serving on our Board of Supervisors for nearly 7 years, I am strongly considering a State Senate run in 2014. This seat serves the residents of the 38th District in Allegheny County. Current incumbent, State Senator Jim Ferlo, is said to not be running for this seat in 2014. While there is a lot of time before making a formal commitment to run, I am reaching out to many friends and neighbors within the 38th District for their opinions. Stay tuned for more updates.
October 8, 2013
– THANK YOU - We want to take this opportunity to say “Thank you” to all of our Volunteer Firemen and Firewomen. It is National Fire Protection Month and we want to recognize this special group of individuals who work tirelessly to keep us safe!!